Monday, November 1, 2010

West Coast Bound!

So it's now official. A secret I've been holding onto all summer - I'm moving to Seattle :)!!!  Thank you to those friends who knew and kept it quiet. I hope to learn alot from this journey. Learn more about needing less, as I'll be downsizing to a 1 bedroom apartment for a year.  When you are in a new environment and surroundings, you learn more about yourself. It pushes you to go outside your comfort zone. I'm looking forward to meeting new friends, seeing new sights and just experiencing a new city. I will miss my friends here on the east coast terribly, but all better come out for a visit!

Right now it's been a routine of going through things and lots of sorting.  I ask myself - Do I really need this? When the answer is yes, I ask another question - do I want to move it 3,000 miles?  When I think about it that way, sometimes it goes into the donation pile. Other things go into the trash pile, then there are somethings I just can't part with.

1 comment:

Monica said...

ugh, sorting stinks! Did you find an apt yet?