Sunday, October 5, 2008

Swimming with Dolphins


I was in Freeport, Bahamas for my birthday and I got to do something I’ve always wanted to do – Swim with Dolphins! It was an amazing experience. They are such fun creatures. We first met with the trainer who gave us some do’s and don’ts. Then he passed out flippers for us to put on so we could “swim” with dolphin. There were 2 dolphins to 4 people. We got to take turns swimming and just hanging out with them. Their skin was very slick and you could see their gentle eyes keeping an “eye” on you. The trainer then had us line up and gave us hand signals for them to do a variety of tricks. Mine was to hold up 2 fingers, which was the signal for them to swim to me and jump up squawking/squeaking – making that trademark dolphin noise. Pretty cool!

No comments: