Sunday, October 18, 2009

Roscoe - The loveable Lab/Australian Cattle foster dog!


So after the afternoon of my arm work out with Brandy, the St. Bernard. I was checking out with the volunteers to see if they needed any fosters. She was pointing out a few that needed foster homes and Roscoe came over to me - it was like he was saying "pick me!" He gently jumped up on me and said lets go home, I'm pooped! And so I got Roscoe. He is a 2 year old, 40 pound lab/australian cattle dog mix. He looks like a puppy. He's very sweet.

First walk was full of surprises - he just didn't know where to look first. The birds, the people, the water, the planes - too much all at once. Overall- he was great on the walk - he needs some work with the pulling, but he seems very eager to learn.

While I made dinner - he cautiously watched me from afar - never tried to beg or "help" me cook! He even decided that going out back in my patio is a way to "relieve" himself on my pansies! This I don't mind when its 3am, but not sure how long the pansies will survive!

He's a little playful - I took my slippers off and he decided to carry one away. He didn't chew it, but I'm sure given the chance - he would. I think right now, he's just exhausted. He's been living in a high-kill shelter since early September, spent all day yesterday in crate with his brother driving here from SC. He was with a foster home last night, he was at the adoption event today and now home with me.

I look forward to spending the week with him and learning more about him before the next adoption event this weekend in Georgetown. If you know anyone interested in this guy - please let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cutie! he is a lucky dog to be with you!

Unknown said...

Kim, this is sooo cool! We have always gotten rescues--I swear they know what you did for them from day 1 and repay it a thousand times over. Roscoe is one handsome guy! (and lucky too--I'm sure you're a fantastic foster mom!!)

Leigh said...

He is adorable, I hope he gets adopted soon-you are such a good egg!