Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Blur...


So the past week has been crazy! Last Saturday (1/9) - I met the first transport of 2010 - we had over 90 dogs come up and be rescued!  Lovely Luna was my foster - she is a Great Pyrennes mix. She was very overwhelmed coming off the van but quickly warmed up by rolling around in the snow.  We had a challenge once we got home as she wouldn't climb up my stairs - so after much bribery (that didn't work) I carried her! All 70lbs worth.  We made it through the bath although I ran out of hot water b/c it took so long to get her clean. She was in a rough state.  Sunday - we went to adoption event and she found her forever family! They came right up to her and interviewed right on the spot! Yeah Luna!




It didn't end there - they asked me to take Beau home overnight then bring him to vet.  He was a pint-sized, very strong, very energetic lab.  Let's just say that compared to Luna, Beau was POLAR opposite. Lab on crack! He jumped on my coffee table while I was having breakfast - that woke me up more than a cup of coffee! I only had him






Now I have a 5 month old lab mix puppy for one night. She's a rescue that came up from NC today. She is into everything - forgot what it's like to have a puppy. Miss Angolina had had a rough 5 months. She was turned into the shelter b/c she has mange - a skin condition that makes the skin raw and bleed.  She is recovering and has to have a medicated bath every 3 days.  She is still 100% puppy - I don't think she has stopped since we got home! We have an adoption event tomorrow - hope she'll find a loving home!

No comments: