So my little lady Charlotte arrived yesterday from South Carolina! She came up with her 7 sisters, 2 brothers and mom & dad. All the little pups were split between 2 crates and we emptied them into the back of a minivan. They were crawling over each other, glad to be out after the long ride! They only had little yellow plastic collars with numbers so we weren't sure which was which. Finally someone with list came over and said Mary was #856. So I went into the van to start checking their collars - well the first one I looked at was her! She was a tiny, stinky, sweetheart! I wrapped her up in a towel and thanked the Lucky Dog volunteers.
We set off for the ride home and she tested out her lungs with some howling/barking. It only lasted about 5-10 minutes, then slept the whole way home. She is very playful, but also crashes hard to take a nap! Our first night was a little rough, a lot of crying (her), a lot of poop (her) and not too much sleep (me!) As I write this, she is napping beside me smashed up against the pillow! I need to wake her up so she sleeps tonight!
She loves the snow, sleeping in the sunshine and following me everywhere!
Stay tuned for many more posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment