So this is really happening! I watched a POD full of 16 years worth of stuff drive away on Thursday. After packing everything up, Charlotte and I slept on an air mattress (which felt like a water bed since every time Charlotte shifted it felt like we were sloshing around!) Seeing my house so empty was bittersweet. I started thinking about all the memories I had in this house.
There were fun memories of house parties with Ronni and C&B friends; Maddie, both young and old; my mom helping me pick out barstools for my new kitchen; the many, many house projects; farmers market on Saturday mornings; drinking wine with great neighbors; hosting my very first Thanksgiving. There were also some sad memories - boyfriend break-ups and losing my mom. It was a great place to call home. I will definitely miss it, but new and great things are on the horizon.
On to the next chapter! Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment