Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

It's bittersweet to write this entry. Sunday is Mother's Day and it seems like that's all people are talking about. Between the Today Show or Hallmark commercials or just signs in the grocery store. It's a day that makes me sad, because she's no longer here, but also a day that I reflect on how much fun she was and how lucky I was to have the time I did with her. I always enjoyed our phone chats, shopping trips, baking brownies, shoe shopping, traveling - so many great, fond memories I just hold close to my heart.

It will be 8 years on May 20 that I received that awful phone call that she was gone. Time has healed my loss, but there are moments that are still very hard. Then there are times I want to talk to her and tell her all the neat things I'm doing or ask for advice. I think she would have been excited about my move to Seattle, but also sad that I wasn't closer. I know she would have wanted to visit alot b/c Nordstroms is based here! Although, I'm not sure if she would have liked all the seafood choices (except for the gigantic shrimp!)

Here are some great pictures of her - I think they speak for themselves about her style and grace! 

Love you and miss you!
Always looking good! 
Who's the cute blonde and sailor?

One of my favorite pictures!

Hot mom in Corvette!

Miss you!

No comments: