Friday, May 20, 2011

Tourist/Tour Guide=Fun visit with Dad!

My dad came to visit for a week - the first time he's been back since our trek across the country to move-in. It was a fun visit - I got to play tour guide in my own city, but also tourist! As my friend Ann said, "It seems like you're on a permanent vacation!"

We went whale watching one day - left on a boat out of Anacortes. We had such a great time and the wildlife was amazing. We saw a Minke whale, then a pod of transient Orcas.  If that wasn't enough, on our way into port we caught a sea lion munching on a salmon. Well, he got a little carried away throwing around the salmon, because it attracted a bald eagle who swooped in and took his dinner!


We then hopped on the Victoria Clipper and spent the weekend in Victoria, BC! Saturday was nice, just walked around town, window shopping, (and actual shopping) then we took a city tour.  Sunday was quite rainy, but I think it scared away the crowds at Butchart Gardens. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! I think the rain made the flowers even more vibrant.  We had afternoon tea and just soaked up the scenery.

We then had the pleasure of my boyfriend, Ian, making us dinner on Tuesday. Some delicious grilled shrimp along with corn on the cob and other tasty treats. It was nice to have him meet my dad.


It was a hard decision to move out here and I want him to know I'm ok and having a great time. He got to see my home, neighborhood, city, friends, cousins and see for himself that I've settled in and love it here!

Love you dad!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Although I am so sad that you won't be in NOVA when we return, I am thrilled that you are so happy! I can't wait to come visit!