Monday, March 7, 2011

2011 - New Year, New Job, New City, and more...

So, not sure really why I haven't written a post yet in 2011. Let's just say I've been busy settling into my new city and life on the west coast! So much has happened in 2 months - all good - no - make that GREAT! Seattle is a like an onion - I keep peeling back new layers everyday. And for that matter, I'm learning more about myself too. Being in a new place pushes you to do new things. I spent the first 3 weeks just exploring - parks, aquarium, I was a tourist in my new city. I would just drive around to get lost and find my way back to my apt. I now feel like I can find my way around now without constantly using my phone's GPS!

I've met some new friends and re-connected with old friends too! Working out of my apartment has been fun and challenging. Charlotte loves it!

Overall - no regrets - so glad I moved here. I think you have to take chances and do want you enjoy and try new things. I just read the following on a friends blog - and thought it rang very true!

"Like that "one carry-on" we are allotted on the airplane, we also only have this one life. We should be selective and thoughtful about what goes into each because those things will eventually play a part in shaping our futures.  Each choice we make represents an item that is stuffed into our carry-on. It takes up space...It goes on a journey with us...It plays a part in our lives, however great or small it may be.

Make sure you are living life purposefully and passionately and doing things that are making a difference in the lives of others. Make sure you're packing things into your life that will help you and get rid of those things that aren't. Life is too short to be taking part in useless activities...and there's only so much room in those overhead compartments..."


More sooner, than later next time!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Love the new look for your blog!

I have been waiting patiently for you to write again...glad you did!