Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Moon

Tonight was the Perigree moon! The last time we had one I was still in college - 18 years ago - 1993 to be exact.  I knew the moon was supposed to "rise" around 8 so at the last minute I decided to throw Charlotte in the car and drive to Magnuson Park. The park is right on Lake Washington and Kirkland is directly across the water. I was not the only one who had this idea - the park was packed with people - it was like the 4th of July - waiting for the fireworks.  There were people with blankets and tents - too funny!

Right before it came up the sky turned orange with a swirl of clouds. These pictures really don't even do it justice, but it was a fun Saturday evening!  Now we'll have to wait another 18 years - wonder where I'll be then?

3 comments:

Monica said...

amazing pictures! i had no clue about this moon...now or back when we were in college!

Kim said...

Shut up :)

Monica said...

Sadly, I am being serious. But I did hear you could see the Washington Monument from your dorm room.